Easter is one of the most important religious celebrations for Christians. However, there is also a commercial side to Easter like any other holiday because people like to decorate their homes with certain themes, including Easter decorations.
Even though everyone is socially distancing now because of Covid-19, it doesn’t mean you can’t decorate your home festively. There are some interesting things about Easter Day decorations that anyone can use.
Easter is synonymous with colorful decorations because it relates to spring. So there are plenty of bright pastel colors, cute ornaments, and flowers to choose from. In these difficult times while facing the Corona pandemic, why don’t we give a ray of color, something cute, and positive hope in our boarding house or home?
Essential Elements of Easter Decorations and DIY Ideas for Easter Decorations
We’ll learn the essential elements of Easter decorations and how to decorate your home with them. We also have some DIYs for these decorations to occupy your time at home.
Decorating with eggs
When it comes to Easter, both from a religious and commercial cultural point of view, eggs are an important element. Eggs symbolize the new birth, so they are a staple during Easter.
The unique thing about eggs is that they are not plain, because they are always decorated. To decorate it, we can put eggs as a centerpiece or centerpiece of the dining table, in display places in the family room, or at several points in the room.
Besides eggs, flowers are also a favorite accessory for Easter. The choice of flowers is actually more synonymous to spring so it is recommended to use brightly colored flowers or pastel shades such as pink and yellow.
Flowers are also one of the easiest decorating accessories to find. By adding flowers at certain points, the atmosphere of the house immediately looks more alive, attractive, beautiful, and elegant.
For this Easter moment, you can make a wreath of flowers strung on a circle-shaped wire and installed in front of the door. Also put flowers in beautiful vases and display them at all points of the house or on the boarding room table.
Spring pastel colors
Flowers that are synonymous with spring and Easter already installed? Next, give the typical spring colors, namely bright colors and pastel colors throughout the house. Guaranteed to see bright colors and soft pastels make your heart happy, dong.
Add blue, green, yellow, lavender, and pink here and there. Make your room or dining room colorful to bring in spring. You’ll be in good mood!
Rabbit embellishments and motifs
Once again the rabbit is a symbol of spring and Easter Day. Rabbits are highly reproductive animals. FYI, a rabbit can have many children at once!
Spring and Easter both mean rebirth and life again. The bunny depicts this rebirth and thus becomes an Easter symbol and decoration.
You can make various bunny decorations from paper, tissue, napkins, or display bunny-patterned decorations. Besides being symbolic, rabbits are also cute, right?
DIY some Easter decorations
If you want to decorate using eggs, you can use fake eggs made of plastic or paper instead of using real eggs. If you use real eggshells, you have to empty the contents first.
How to prepare the Easter egg decoration:
- Put holes in the top and bottom of the eggshell using a sewing needle, then enlarge the holes.
- Hold the egg carefully and use a large straw in the top hole to blow the contents out of the bottom hole. Store the egg contents in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before cooking.
- Soak the eggshells in hot water and soap for 5 minutes. Shake well and remove the water from inside the egg. Let stand until dry. The eggs can now be used.
- You can also decorate them by painting and coloring Easter eggs like the video below. After learning how to paint Easter eggs, let’s move on to some DIY decorations for Easter.
DIY Easter egg tree
While Easter eggs are usually hidden and searched for, in Germany and Sweden, they hang them on trees. Easter eggs hung on trees represent the arrival of spring, warmth, hope, and new birth. Let’s make an Easter egg tree with dry twigs!
- Small eggs (fake or real eggs)
- Drawing pen
- Glue gun
- Wooden twigs you find in the park or garden (or buy fake twigs)
How to make:
- Cut a section of the wooden branch to fit your vase. Choose a paint color that suits your taste or go for simple and fresh spring colors like white, mint blue, yellow, gold, and so on.
- Paint your eggs with the color you like. Coat the paint about 2 times so that the color ‘pops’.
- Draw any pattern you want using a drawing pen.
- Cut the string to the desired length, use a hot glue gun to glue the string on top of the egg. You can vary the length of the string or the color of the easter egg to keep it pretty.
- Add sand or soil to the bottom of the vase to weigh down the twig.
- Plug in your twigs and hang the eggs that you have decorated.
Simple Easter egg wreath
Wreaths are usually popular on Christmas Day. However, there’s nothing wrong with making them during Easter too. You can hang this Easter wreath at the entrance of your home or room, as a sweet welcome to your guests.
- Circle twigs (examples can be purchased on Tokopedia)
- Decorative vine leaves (available in the marketplace)
- Eggs (can be real or decorative, already colored and decorated according to taste, don’t forget to use pastel colors)
- Scissors and pliers
- Hot glue gun
- Flower wire
How to make:
- Choose the size of the twig circle according to the size of your door, or with a diameter according to your taste.
- Decorate the twig circle with vine leaves as decoration. Glue the decorative leaves with floral wire.
- Attach the decorated Easter eggs to the twig circle using hot glue. To make it more interesting, install the eggs alternately, including the colors too.
- Attach the string at the top of the wreath and hang it in front of the door or on the wall.
Easter Decoration on the Dining Table
You’ve finished making the Easter eggs, now it’s time to decorate the dining table as well. Why the dining table? Of course during Easter it will be very pleasant if you gather with your loved ones.
The dining atmosphere will certainly be much more festive with simple decorations. Present some decorative eggs in several corners of the dining table. Also use brightly colored cutlery or tablecloths. This is done to balance the color of the Easter eggs on display.